Thursday, October 27, 2011

Attempt at the book cover assignment


My goal was to at least get the lighting and their positions correct for the book cover project. I used a 17-50mm lens and a 50 flash, along with a snoot. My settings were set for a 100 ISO, aperture of 16, and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second. It took a long time for me to figure out the angle and what direction the flash on the stand needed to be facing. I told Claire that I didn't care what face she made because I was mainly trying to get Brianna, but I later learned that Claire needed to have her eyes closed. This picture ended up not working out for the book cover project, but I did enter in ATPI for the studio portrait category. I really like the eye contact in this image; it makes the photograph stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment