Thursday, December 15, 2011

Third Six Weeks Project: Self Portrait

ISO 1000, aperture 4.0, and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second

For my self portrait I was trying to capture a white theme resembling purity. It took a long time to figure out how to get the lighting correct. Since I didn't have an umbrella, Brianna and I found a black rain umbrella and taped it up to the light stand. I used one 580 flash and a 17-50m lens. I tried positioning in multiple different ways, and this photo and position was my favorite. I like where I'm looking and I LOVE the lighting. The only thing that bugs me about this picture is that I'm still wearing my black ponytail. The first thing we did was set up the white sheet and get the lighting right; this took the longest. I tried several different things, and this picture was my absolute favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment