Friday, October 26, 2012

Cover Delima

what I was trying to accomplish...
how it turned out. 

For the second issue, the newspaper staff decided that they wanted the first picture above as their cover picture, but instead with two girls that were adopted. The cover was decided on last minute, giving me barley any time to get in done before the paper would be send off to press. I worked on it for several hours, Smith worked on it, and so did Haley and Caroline. The main problem with my version was that you couldn't tell what the features of the two girls were. When I took the picture of them, I should have gotten them both together (instead of separate and then putting them together in photoshop) and I should have put the 2 alien bees, which were on each side of their faces, further away in order to create a bigger shadow. This cover was extremely upsetting because it didn't work right. Next time, I will sit down the newspaper staff and tell them that they have to get things in to me sooner so that I can go ahead and begin working on the images for them. For the cover, they ended up using a picture Caroline and Haley took of two hands. At least the paper is done! And.... I learned a lot more about how to work photoshop. I haven't every really worked with it until this cover attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment