Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Volleyball Game

This photograph was taken during the freshman volleyball game against Marshall. My goal was to get an action shot that showed emotion. The image was taken with a 78/200 lens. I had to mess with the camera settings a lot to get the exposure correct and the ball in focus. When I took this photo my exposure was 1/250th of a second. Figuring out the ISO  was the easiest to set because I've gotten used to setting it to inside, outside, cloudy, or sunny. My ISO for this picture was 1000. The aperture was set at 4.5. I wanted to get a darker background so that the girls jumping up were in focus, not the background. I'm really bad at focusing on the background, but this time I actually got it right. I wish I would have avoided the opponent's head, and gotten the girl's entire elbow inside the image. It's distracting, but luckily not too big of a problem.

1 comment: