Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Skype session with Morgan Walker

Today we skyped with a former photographer from Texas High who is doing photojournalism in college. Morgan Walker talked to us about how hard and dedicated you have to be in order to be a big time photo journalist. I felt slightly intimidated by all of the things she was telling us. We discussed internships and how difficult it is to get a huge internship starting off. The thing I found most intimidating was when she discussed how many amazing photographers there are that don't have jobs. I'm not sure what I want to do after high school, but I'm positive that I still want to be involved in photography. Morgan Walker looks at things at a completely different perspective in her photographs, and that's what I want to accomplish one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment