Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Six Weeks Project

 ISO 800, aperture 2.8, and a shutter speed of 1/60th of a second

 ISO 800, aperture 4.0, and a shutter speed of 1/40th of a second

 ISO 800, aperture 5.6, and a shutter speed of 1/30th of a second

 ISO 800, aperture 8.0, and a shutter speed of 1/15th of a second

ISO 800, aperture 11, and a shutter speed of 1/5th of a second

The objective of this project was to create a depth of field with five different apertures. I used a 50mm lens for all five images. Figuring out the ISO was the easiest part because it would stay the same for all five photographs. It took a while to figure out that I needed to bump my shutter speed down when my aperture goes up. At first, when I boosted up the aperture, I realized that my pictures were going dark according to the histogram. In order to get the exposure correct as the aperture increased, I had to lower the shutter speed by a little bit for each image. To capture the depth of field of the background, I pulled out the rose a little bit from the rest of the flowers, which created more focus to be on the rose. I used apertures of 2.8, 4.0, 5.6, 8.0, and 11. The shutter speeds ranged from 1/60th of a second for 2.8 aperture to 1/5th of a second for 11 aperture. This assignment helped me realize how much the shutter speed actually effects the images and the affect the different apertures create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment