Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Working with Light

 ISO 400, an aperture of 2.8, 
and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second
ISO 400, an aperture of 2.8, 
and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second

ISO 400, an aperture of 2.8, 
and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second

The objects I used were random objects that Alex Garner and I had found around the school. The metal object looked the most interesting to me, and I liked all of the colors from the pen box made from magazines. The goal of this "project" was to figure out how light works with different objects and positions. I used both a 580 and a 430 flash, with a 28-75mm lens. On the first image, I put the flash directly on the metal object, causing the colorful background to go white and the object to stand out. I repositioned the objects and the flash for the second image by putting a snoot over the flash and holding it in a diagonal position. Doing this helped me get the color of the pen box in the background and a focus on the metal object. The third image is my favorite, even though it is edited. I used the same strategy for the third image, but I took this photograph from a different angle. Over all, I'm glad that I'm progressively learning  about how to work with different lighting and positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment