Friday, February 17, 2012

4th Six Weeks Projects: Orbs!!!

 ISO 1600, aperture 4.0, bulb

This orb is my least favorite out of the three orbs, but I still like it. I used a 17-50mm lens and a tripod. This photo was my very first attempt, so I was pretty satisfied with it. The light came from my dad's car lights, the timing of him driving down the driveway was perfect. I really like the shape and the color of this orb. 

 ISO 200, aperture 4.0, bulb

Taking this picture was the scariest thing I have ever done at night. When I took this picture I was pulled off at the side on the interstate right outside of town and was standing in the middle, grassy area in between I-30. To get this image took a while because of the cars going by, sometimes you couldn't see the orb I created. A lot of people were busy the night that I took this orb, so I made John David come with me to hold the button for me. I really like the colored lines located on the sides of the orb created by the car lights that were driving by. This orb is my absolute favorite, I had fun taking this photograph. I used a 17-50mm lens.
ISO 100, aperture 4.0, bulb

I really like this orb as well, the lighting in this one is really neat. This picture was taken after the STUCO meeting, so it was pretty late. This orb was probably the simpler one because by the time I took this one, I knew exactly what I needed to do. I held the shutter open for 61 seconds, thankfully it worked amazingly well. This picture was taken in the field outside of Texas Middle School. I used a 17-50mm lens, and Hannah Patterson held down the button for me.

While taking pictures of orbs I learned that glow sticks aren't very bright and down work very well, but battery powered glow sticks from Wal-Mart work extremely well! This project was by far the one I had the most fun doing. I learned a lot more about getting lighting right when using the "bulb" setting on my camera. I LOVE ORBS! They are so cool. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment