Monday, December 3, 2012

3rd issue: tolerance cover photo

ISO 200, aperture 9.0, and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second

This was my first high-key image where I set it up all by myself. It was exciting and useful for the future! In order to set the background completely white, I set up 2 alien bees at a power between 1/8th and 1/4th on either side of the white backdrop. I set my lens on manual focus and made sure my histogram touched all the way to the right. Once the background was set on high-key, I set the 17-50mm lens back on autofocus and set up the parabolic umbrella. When all of the lighting was right, I situated both of the hands, made sure they were exposed properly, and took the picture. The cover looks wonderful! I always loveeee seeing my pictures on the cover. It mades me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment