Thursday, December 13, 2012

Doubletruck

ISO 800, aperture 14.0, and a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second

Casey Hitchcock took this image, I was just there to make sure everything went well because it was the only chance to get this done. This picture was for the main story of the newspaper. Taking this image had multiple complications. First off, we used the 50mm, when we should have had a 17-50mm lens. The lighting was very hard to capture with the sunset going on at the same time. Casey and I set up 2 flashes, one on each side of the bench. We had to adjust the power and the flash to get the lighting how Mrs. Potter wanted it. Since we forgot snoots, and there was a flare without them, we compromised by putting a jacket which covered the sides on one flash and I put my hands on the sides of the other flash. And it worked! I really like this picture and it looks great in the paper. The people in this image were some of the most patient people I've ever met! I am glad I was there to help Casey out.

No comments:

Post a Comment